Sunday 30 January 2011

Let's not let our hearts get in the way...

As I mentioned in my previous post I treated myself to some new beauty products from elf. I read a few beauty blogs that mention the brand and decided to check it out. I was pleasantly surprised by the low prices and ordered with my mum and sister so we could take advantage of the free shipping offer (minimum spend £30). I haven't really done much this weekend so yet to try out the make-up but I decided to give myself a manicure with my new nail varnish. I go through phases with nail varnish, at the moment I don't like to wear anything bright or in your face. I prefer to stick to my nudes and pastels. One colour that I've been lusting over for a while is the Chanel Pearl Drop polish. Being a student I would no way find paying around £20 for a nail varnish reasonable! I was quite excited when I seen this Pearl colour (£1.50) on the elf website. The photo' above makes it look almost white but the one below gives a truer insight.

I wear false nails as mine are stumps no matter how hard I try to grow them!): This image shows my falsies with two layers of the varnish on them. It's a little streaky up close IRL but unnoticeable from a distance. To quickly sum up...

PRO'S - A bargain at £1.50 a bottle! Chic bottle, almost Chanel-esque? Thick enough to wear one coat if a light colour is wanted. 

CONS - Brush strokes can be faintly seen when looking close up, this may be because of the pearly appearance.

So overall this nail varnish is definitely worth the £1.50 price tag! If you're a nail varnish fanatic then there might be some colours on the site to add to your collection, if you're just a casual wear (like me) then these are perfect to slap on your nails when you get spare time! 

Molyneuxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts(: