Wednesday 21 March 2012

WANT: HELP WITH NIGHT OUT ATTIRE

Firstly I'd just like to explain my serious lack of posting over the past couple of weeks; university work is taking over my lifeee!! It's that time again where several deadlines creep up at once + I'm utterly swamped in both practical + theory work, boo! It's so frustrating as I have so much to share with you guys but no time to post. Good news is that I break for Easter tomorrow which should free up a little time meaning that blogging should hopefully resume to normal. Ooh + a quick note to say I reached 200 GFC followers today! I know it's not about numbers but YAYYYY!! 

Anyways, it's my boyfriends 21st in around two weeks time + we're off to Swansea for a wild night out meaning I need a new outfit! As well as being deadline time it's also that awkward time where my student loan is running out + pay day is forever away wah! This means that I can't really justify spending a fortune on an outfit (even though I'm really, really tempted to!) + I need to draw upon bargain hunting skills to find a cheap + cheerful yet super stylish (urgh hate that word!) outfit..


LOOK ONE: PASTELS


Mint Green Lace Bodycon Dress River Island £32,  Chiffon Side Split Midi Dress Miss Selfridge £35, Nude Studded Shoes River Island (Old Stock), Neon Envelope Bag Newlook £15.99

I'm still totally obsessed by this mint colour + love how feminine this look is! I've been eyeing up this lace dress in work + I'm kinda in love as I don't really own anything like it. I love the look of the Miss Selfridge option too but think it's one that you need to try on before buying as I'm a little unsure of how the chiffon layer would look on. Nevertheless, I think both will look amazing with a deep tan, nude accessories, an up-do + contrasting nails, maybe coral? I already own the studded heels + a similar bag so would only need to purchase the dress to make this look happen, very tempting!

LOOK TWO: LBD

 Cami Skater Dress Miss Selfridge £22, Criss Cross Back Dress Newlook £19.99, Floral Print Peep Toe Newlook £27.99, Saint Germain Lipstick MAC £13.50 

I bought these amazing heels on a whim a few weeks back + am yet to wear them! I think that all they need is a simple, sexy black dress + some eye-catching pink lippy paired with them to make an understated glam' look! Both dresses are so cheap (plus I already own both shoes + lipstick) which again makes this option an obtainable, tempting one!

LOOK THREE: PRINTS

Zig Zag Print Shorts River Island £25, Scarf Print Shift Dress Newlook £24.99, Suede Peep Toe Heels Missguided £34.99, Coral Agate Ring Newlook £3.99, Feather Collar Necklace Newlook £7.99

I don't really own that many prints but had to buy these shorts when in work last weekend! They were the only pair in a size 8 left + couldn't bare to let them slip away! For the record they look a lot better in real life + I thought they'd look amazing on holidays, to justify buying them!ha.. Although both prints are quite busy I think they'd look good with statement jewellery + a pair of killer black heels! This is very different to what I'd normally wear so the thought of trying something new is yet again very appealing, plus I'd only need to buy the statement jewellery, bonus!

HELP ME OUT LADIES! As you can see I've scoured the high street for several possible options, all all are very tempting; I have no idea which to go for!! Think I'm most torn between the River Island lacey number + the Miss Selfridge mesh panel one, but what do you think? Do you have anything else in mind? Help a sister outtt!(;

3 comments:

  1. How cute is the mint green Miss selfridge dress, love it! x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE them all i can't decide between Look one mint green bodycon dress or look two new look criss cross dress :) loving all the shoes :) <33

    Becca Germanotta xox.
    weneedalittlepretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about uni work taking over your life. KILL ME NOW!!! Anyways on a lighter note, outfit one all the way! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts(: