Thursday 8 November 2012

opi new york city ballet minis


OPI new york city ballet minis; my pointe exactly, don't touch my tutu!, care to danse?, pirouette my whistle.

This cute mini collection is part of my I-went-a-bit-nuts-in-cancun-airport haul from back in mid September! I originally had my eye on the Minnie Mouse Collection (in particular the shade "Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It") whilst in Birmingham airport but failed to actually purchase them, boo. So when I saw this little set in Cancun airport for a mere $11 (around £7.30) I basically pounced on it! Even though this is a Spring collection; these soft, pastel colours are perfect winter hues for a major pastel polish fan like me!

 My Pointe Exactly; a sheer neutral, pastel grey polish, with an added sheer gloss finish - Care to Danse?; a sheer sweet, pastel lavender shade, with an added sheer gloss finish - Don't Touch My Tutu!; a sheer delicate, milky white shade, with an added sheer gloss finish - Pirouette My Whistle; a luxurious, glitter clear top coat infused with micro-fine silver shimmer and sparkling hexagon glitter which compliments the soft shades of the collections + adds a touch of fairy-tale sparkle.

These are semi sheer polishes so they need a good four coats to produce a decent amount of colour. The picture shows the vanishes with; 4 layers with Pirouette My Whistle, 3 layers + 2 layers. The shade 'Care to Danse?' reminds me of Topshop's Water Lily polish and I think it would look amazing layered over it to give it a super glossy finish! I love these polishes and can't wait to play around with them a bit more! Have you tried any from OPI's ballet range?

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty colours, nice kit
    x


    -Nora
    http://makeupbynora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are very girly and pretty, thank you(: xx

      Delete
  2. my pointe exactly looks amazing !! xx
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts(: